Pairing a robust physical design with refined image quality, the X-U (Typ 113) Digital Camera is Leica's entrance into the world of tough, durable camera designs. Still adhering to Leica's preference for classic and intuitive operation, this camera features a prime Summilux 23mm f/1.7 ASPH. lens that offers an equivalent focal length of 35mm, along with a bright f/1.7 maximum aperture for working in difficult lighting conditions. This sophisticated lens pairs with a large 16.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor, which affords a broad sensitivity range to ISO 12500, along with up to 5 fps continuous shooting and Full HD 1080p video recording. Enabling use of these imaging components in less than ideal conditions, the X-U (Typ 113) distinguishes itself from other Leica compatriots by its anti-slip rubber exterior and waterproof, shockproof, and dustproof design for working in harsh and underwater environments.
The X-U (Typ 113) features a tough, rugged construction that is designed to withstand harsh climates and underwater shooting:
- Waterproof to depths of 49' / 15m for up to 60 minutes of shooting (IP68-compliant)
- Shockproof to falls from 4' / 1.2m high (MIL-STD 810G, method 516.52-compliant)
- Dustproof to protect the internal components of the camera
- Anti-slip rubber exterior for improved grip in wet conditions
- Integrated UW protective glass filter guards the front element.
16.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
While robust in its physical design, the X-U is equally apt with its imaging capabilities due to the inclusion of a large 16.2MP APS-C CMOS image sensor. This sensor avails a sensitivity range from ISO 100-12500 to suit working in a wide array of lighting conditions, and also supports up to 5 fps continuous shooting for up to 7 frames in DNG + JPEG mode and Full HD 1080p video recording at 30 fps. Additionally, a dedicated Underwater shooting mode can be used to compensate for unwanted color shifts when photographing in water.
Summilux 23mm f/1.7 ASPH. Lens
Offering a 35mm equivalent focal length, the built-in Summilux 23mm f/1.7 ASPH. lens features a sophisticated optical design comprised of 10 elements in eight groups, including two aspherical elements. This design strives to reduce spherical aberrations and distortions for greater sharpness and clarity, and also reduces the overall size and weight of the lens. The bright f/1.7 maximum aperture also contributes to enhanced performance in low-light conditions and, when combined with a dedicated manual focus ring, allows for greater control over depth of field when using selective focus techniques.
Other Camera Features
- The durable body design incorporates a large 3.0" 920k-dot LCD screen for live view shooting and bright image playback.
- Manual shutter speed and aperture control dials are accessible on the top plate of the camera for intuitive exposure adjustment.
- A built-in flash is placed above the lens on the front of the camera body to provide additional illumination when working in difficult lighting conditions.
- An 11-point autofocus system can make use of spot and face detection focusing modes for precision when photographing moving subjects.
- In-camera film modes simulate a traditional filmic aesthetic, and include Standard, Dynamic, Natural, B&W Natural, and B&W High Contrast settings.
- 16.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- Summilux 23mm f/1.7 ASPH. Lens
- 35mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Water, Dust, and Shockproof Construction
- 3.0" 920k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- Anti-Slip Rubber Exterior
- Built-In Flash, Manual Focus Ring
- Dedicated Underwater Shooting Mode
Leica X-U (Typ 113) Digital Camera
- Actual: 16.5 Megapixel
- Effective: 16.2 Megapixel
- Still Images: DNG, JPEG
- Movies: MP4
- 10 elements in 8 groups
- 2 Aspherical
- EFL: 23mm (35 mm equivalent: 35mm)
- Aperture: f/1.7 (W) - 16 (T)
- Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
- Compensation: -3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 EV Steps)
- First-Curtain Sync
- Red-Eye Reduction
- Second-Curtain Sync
- Slow Sync
- 1920 x 1080p: 30 fps
- 1280 x 720p: 30 fps
- 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
- Humidity: 0 - 85%
- Waterproofing 49.0' (14.9 m)
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
- 2 Year Australian Warranty
- 100% Australian Stock
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Leica Boutique Camera Electronic users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.