Resembling its predecessor from 1959, the black-chrome edition Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH. Lens features a unique matte black finish along with a classic exterior design akin to the first production run of this renowned lens. While recalling its past on the outside, this edition is also characterized by its contemporary optical design that incorporates one aspherical element and one floating element, as well as elements made from anomalous partial dispersion and high refractive index glasses. This sophisticated construction helps to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions throughout the focusing and aperture ranges, which contribute to high overall sharpness and clarity. Further benefitting the lens' overall versatility, the fast f/1.4 maximum aperture also aids in working in difficult lighting conditions as well as offers greater control over focus for shallow depth of field techniques. Pairing a classic outer design with innovative optical components, this black-chrome edition is the epitome of Leica's penchant for mixing both form and function.
- As part of a limited edition of 500 pieces, this black-chrome finish Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH. lens features a matte black exterior as well as an outer design that resembles the first edition of this lens from 1959. Other distinct design elements include a scalloped focusing ring, red-colored focusing distance scale in feet, and a finely-knurled aperture ring. In addition to the unique appearance of the lens, this edition also includes a metal front lens cap as well as a metal round lens hood.
- One aspherical element and one floating element are incorporated within the optical design, along with anomalous partial dispersion and high refractive index glass elements, to control aberrations and distortions at all aperture and focus positions.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working with selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques, as well as working in difficult lighting conditions.
- Manual focus design provides a minimum focusing distance of 2.3' with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:11.3.
- Leica M-Mount Lens
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- One Aspherical and One Floating Element
- Anomalous Partial Dispersion Glass
- High Refractive Index Glass
- Manual Focus Design
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 2.3'
- Design Reminiscent of 1959 Edition
- Includes Round Lens Hood and Metal Cap
- Limited Edition of 500
Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH. Lens (Black-Chrome Edition)
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Leica Boutique Camera Electronic users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.