Designed as a reference lens for the M-mount system, the Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH. from Leica is a versatile normal-length prime characterized by its bright maximum aperture and sophisticated optical design. Comprising eight elements in five groups, the lens features one aspherical element to reduce spherical aberrations and both anomalous partial dispersion and high refractive index glasses are used to control color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity. Additionally, a floating elements system is used to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range, down to 2.3'. Additionally, the lens features a built-in extendable lens hood and is threaded to accept 46mm screw-in filters.
- Versatile normal-length prime lens is characterized by a bright, fast f/1.4 maximum aperture to control depth of field for selective focus techniques, as well as to benefit working in low-light conditions.
- One aspherical element is incorporated within the optical design, along with anomalous partial dispersion and high refractive index glass elements, to control aberrations and distortions at all aperture and focus positions.
- A rear floating element is employed to maintain consistent performance throughout the focusing range, even at the minimum focusing distance of 2.3'.
- Built-in extendable lens hood shades and protects the front element to reduce lens flare and ghosting. Additionally, the front of the lens is threaded to accept 46mm screw-in filters.
- Leica M-Mount Lens
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- One Aspherical and One Floating Element
- Anomalous Partial Dispersion Glass
- High Refractive Index Glass
- Manual Focus Design
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 2.3'
- Filter Thread: 46mm
- Built-In Extendable Lens Hood
Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH. Lens
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
- 2 Year Australian Warranty
- 100% Australian Stock
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Leica Boutique Camera Electronic users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.