Revolving around a sophisticated optical design, Leica's Summicron-S 100mm f/2 ASPH Lens is a portrait-length prime designed to excel in a wide variety of shooting conditions. Equivalent to an 80mm lens in the 35mm format, this lens is characterized by its fast f/2 maximum aperture for selective focus control and low-light shooting capabilities. The longer-than-normal focal length of the lens contributes to notable subject isolation while providing a natural looking perspective that is well-suited to portraiture applications. In regard to the optical design, a range of low dispersion elements, as well as one double aspherical element, contribute to a marked reduction in chromatic aberrations for greater image clarity and contrast throughout the aperture range.
Dedicated to the Leica S-series of medium-format digital cameras, this lens features an autofocus design along with electronic body-based aperture control. It features an inner focusing mechanism along with a floating element design to enhance close-range imaging capabilities. Housed within a metal barrel, this lens is dust- and weather-resistant to benefit its use in inclement conditions.
- This short-telephoto prime is designed for Leica S medium format cameras and provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 80mm.
- Fast f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also avails tremendous control over focus for selective focus and shallow depth of field applications.
- Three elements are made from glass with anomalous partial dispersion while another is made from high-refraction extra-low dispersion glass. Together, the combination of these low dispersion elements help to significantly reduce chromatic aberrations and produce greater image sharpness and clarity.
- One double aspherical element works to correct monochromatic aberrations and also reduces the overall weight of the lens.
- Within the seven-elements-in-five-groups optical design, a single floating element independently moves during focusing to ensure greater image quality when working at closer focusing distances.
- Autofocus design benefits from an inner focusing mechanism to maintain the overall lens length during use
- Electronic aperture control is supported via the camera body's control dial.
- Compatible with the Leica S (Typ 006) camera with firmware version 22.214.171.124 or later and the Leica S2/S2-P cameras with firmware version 126.96.36.199 or later.
- Leica S-Mount Lens/Leica Pro Format
- 80mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22
- Four Low Dispersion Glass Elements
- One Double Aspherical Element
- Floating Element Design
- Autofocus & Electronic Aperture Control
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 2.3'
- Dust & Water-Sealed Anodized Lens Barrel
Leica Summicron-S 100mm f/2 ASPH. Lens
- Maximum: f/2
- Minimum: f/22
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
- 2 Year Australian Warranty
- 100% Australian Stock
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Leica Boutique Camera Electronic users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.