The Leica Series 8 UVA/IR Glass Filter (Black) is specifically recommended for the Leica Digital M8 camera. In order to maintain maximum optical clarity, the M8 - with its superior sensor - was not designed with a total IR protection filter system.
This filter is designed to eliminate the pinkish/purple/reddish tint that certain black synthetic items might be subjected to when shooting under certain lighting conditions, such as that of incandescent bulbs. This filter can also serve to help protect the glass in your lens.
Note: Leica recommends removing the attached UV/IR filters when using lenses from 16-50mm in analog photography
- Infrared filter for the M8 camera, which does not have a complete infrared system built in
- Helps minimize potential pinkish tint under certain conditions; ensures neutral color
- No light loss
- Can also serve as protective filter
- Should only be used with 6-bit coded Leica lenses
- For the M8 Camera
- Eliminates Reddish Tint
- Genreal Protection Filter
Leica Series 8 UVA/IR Glass Filter (Black)
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Leica Boutique Camera Electronic users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.