One of the most legendary lenses in Leica's M-mount lineup, the Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH. is an ultra-fast normal-length prime characterized by its unique rendering quality, ability to isolate subject matter, and exceptional low-light performance. Based on a classic double Gauss optical design, the lens employs a pair of aspherical elements, anomalous partial dispersion glass, and high refractive index elements to produce the distinct subtle softness when working wide open while also delivering accurate color and minimal distortion. A floating elements system is also used to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range, from 3.3' to infinity. Additionally, the lens features a built-in extendable lens hood and accepts 60mm threaded filters.
- Extremely fast f/0.95 maximum aperture affords notable control over depth of field for selective focus shooting, and also benefits working handheld in low-light conditions.
- Distinct "slightly soft" rendering is characteristic of the Noctilux line, and is well-suited to portraiture and other lifestyle applications.
- Referencing a double Gauss-type optical design, the lens is constructed with eight elements in five groups. Five of the elements are made from anomalous partial dispersion glass and three are made from high refractive index glass to produce distinct rendering quality while limiting color fringing and chromatic aberrations.
- Two large-diameter aspherical elements are also used to control spherical aberrations for improved clarity and reduced distortion.
- A rear floating element is employed to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range, even at the minimum focusing distance of 3.3'.
- Built-in extendable lens hood shades and protects the front element to reduce lens flare and ghosting. Additionally, the front of the lens is threaded to accept 60mm screw-in filters.
- Leica M Mount Lens
- Aperture Range: f/0.95 to f/16
- Two Aspherical Surfaces
- Rear Floating Element
- Five Partial Dispersion Glass Lenses
- Three High Refraction Glass Lenses
- 6-Bit Lens Coding
- Minimum Focus Distance: 3.3'
- Extendable Built-In Lens Hood
- Filter Thread: 60mm
Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH. Lens
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
- 2 Year Australian Warranty
- 100% Australian Stock
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Leica Boutique Camera Electronic users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.