Offering style, elegance, and the optical performance you would expect from Leica, the Monovid 8x20 Monocular brings distant subjects in close and reveals the tiny details of nearby objects. Whether you're scoping a performer on stage, glassing the treeline for the Lord God bird, or investigating the intricate subtleties of a Nautilus shell – you'll be glad you didn't leave home without it.
The Monovid's 8x optical system features a phase-corrected roof prism and lenses with HDC and AquaDura coatings, to maximize light transmission and deliver a bright, sharp image. Inside the Monovid's cylindrical leather carry case there's a special pocket for a very special attachment – a close-up lens that allows 8x magnification at distances as close as 9.8". Its aluminum housing is nitrogen-filled to prevent internal fogging in any climate, and it is sufficiently watertight to withstand being submerged to a depth of more than 16 feet with no ill effects.
- 8x magnification
- 20mm objective lens
- Roof prism with P40 phase correction coating
- AquaDura & HDC optical coatings maximize light transmission and repel water and dirt
Use and Handling
- 331' Field of view at 1000 yards
- Close-up accessory lens: focuses to 9.8"
- Twist-up eyecup accommodates eyeglasses
- Comfortable 15mm eye relief
- Submersible to 16'/5.0 m
- Nitrogen-purged aluminum housing is fogproof in any climate
- Internal focusing via central focusing knob
- Leather case with silent magnetic fastener and close-up lens compartment
- P40 Phase-Corrected Roof Prism
- HDC & AquaDura Coated Lenses
- Close Focus Under 10"
- Close-Up Lens Accessory Included
- 331' Field of View at 1000 Yards
- Waterproof/Submersible to 16.4'
- Compact at 4 x 1", Lightweight at 4 oz
Leica Monovid 8x20 Red Edition Monocular
- Normal: 5.9' / 1.8 m
- With close-up lens: 9.8" / 25 cm
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Leica Boutique Camera Electronic users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.