Focusing on the founding principles of photography, the Leica M-A (Typ 127) is a 35mm film rangefinder camera characterized by its simplicity and unobtrusiveness. As a completely mechanical camera, no battery is required for operation and the only exposure control offered is a choice of shutter speed, up to 1/1000 sec. A large, bright 0.72x-magnification viewfinder pairs with a precise rangefinder mechanism to enable comparative manual focusing control with M-mount lenses, along with parallax-corrected compositional framing. The body features silver-colored chromed brass top and bottom covers, as well as an all-metal body design, to offer both durability as well as an aesthetic, minimal appearance. Designed for intuitiveness and efficient operability, the precision afforded by the M-A serves to complement a straight-forward working method.
- Classic 35mm film rangefinder features a large, bright 0.72x-magnification viewfinder.
- Completely mechanical operation requires no battery and permits working with just the basic aspects of photography: shutter speed, aperture, and film speed.
- A rear ISO dial can be used to indicate the speed of film in use.
- The top shutter speed dial permits selection of speeds from 1/1000 sec. to 1 sec., with a bulb setting also available for long exposures. Flash sync is available at all speeds up to 1/50 sec.
- The hot shoe incorporates a center contact for compatibility with a wide array of flashes.
- Compatible with all M-mount lenses ranging in focal lengths from 16mm to 135mm.
- Image field frame lines are automatically activated with each mounted lens, and offer an accurate, parallax-corrected reference for image composition. Alternatively, image field lines can be selected to pre-visualize the composition of other focal length lenses.
- 35mm Film Rangefinder
- Fully Mechanical Operation
- 0.72x Bright Line Viewfinder
- Selectable Image Field Frame Lines
- Focal Plane Shutter: Up to 1/1000 Sec.
- Flash Sync at 1/50 Sec.
- Compatible with 16-135mm M-Mount Lenses
- Rear ISO Reminder Dial
- Chromed Brass Top and Bottom Covers
- Made in Germany
Leica M-A (Typ 127) Rangefinder Camera
- Horizontal and vertical offset between viewfinder and lens axis automatically compensated for according to relevant distance setting
- At the shortest possible distance for each focal length, the bright line frame size corresponds to an image of approx. 23 x 35 mm. When set to infinity, depending on the focal length between 9% (28mm) and 23% (135mm) more is captured by the film than is shown in the corresponding bright line frame
- 49.9 mm (mechanical measurement basis of 69.25 mm x viewfinder magnification of 0.72x)
- Split or superimposed image rangefinder shown as bright field in the center of the viewfinder image
- Forward: Manual winding with quick wind lever (compatible with optional motorized winders)
- Rewind: Manually with pull-out rewind button, after moving the R lever on front of camera
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
- 2 Year Australian Warranty
- 100% Australian Stock
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Leica Boutique Camera Electronic users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.