The Leica Elmarit-S 45mm f/2.8 ASPH Lens is a wide-angle prime lens designed for the Leica S-series medium format digital cameras. It provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 36mm, giving a moderately wide perspective that is ideally suited to photojournalism, architecture, landscape, and fashion photography. An f/2.8 maximum aperture is ideal for shallow depth of field imagery and also effective in dim lighting conditions when working with available light.
The sophisticated optical design of this lens features three elements with anomalous partial dispersion glass and two high refraction extra-low dispersion elements to reduce chromatic aberrations. In addition, one aspherical surface element minimizes monochromatic aberrations and improves overall image sharpness. Rear-group focusing and one independent floating optical element maintain a constant lens length while providing sharp focus from infinity to the minimum focus distance of 23.6".
Weather sealing protects the lens from dust and water spray and the included retractable lens hood deflects stray light to minimize flares and help provide high contrast images, even in backlight situations.
- Wide-angle prime lens designed for Leica S medium-format digital cameras.
- 35mm-equivalent focal length of 36mm offers a moderately wide perspective that is well-suited for architecture, fashion, landscape and street photography and photojournalism.
- Maximum f/2.8 aperture is ideal for low light shooting as well as greater control over shallow depth of field focusing. The electronically controlled iris offers selectable f-stops in half-stop increments via the click wheel on the camera.
- The optical construction incorporates three anomalous partial dispersion glass elements, two high-refraction extra-low dispersion elements, and one aspherical surface element to minimize chromatic and monochromatic aberrations and provide sharp, high-contrast images.
- Rear-group type internal focusing maintains lens' overall length and offers faster, more controlled autofocus performance.
- A floating lens element moves independently to provide sharp focus from infinity to the minimum focus distance of 23.6".
- Weather sealing protects the lens from elements such as dust & water spray and the lens barrel features a black anodized finish.
- The included lens hood is dedicated to match the lens' light beam path and is retractable for easy transport and storage.
- For Leica S System Medium Format Cameras
- 36mm Focal Length (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8-22
- 3 Anomalous Partial Dispersion Elements
- 2 Extra Low Dispersion Elements
- 1 Aspherical & 1 Floating Lens Element
- Rear-Group Type Internal Focusing
- Weather-Sealed Against Dust and Moisture
- Dedicated Lens Hood Included
Leica Elmarit-S 45mm f/2.8 ASPH Lens
- Maximum: f/2.8
- Minimum: f/22
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Leica Boutique Camera Electronic users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.