Commemorating the 50th anniversary of the International Leica Society, this "LHSA" special edition of the APO-Summicron-M 50mm f/2 ASPH. Lens from Leica is a collector's version of the premium standard prime, and features a black paint finish, is from a limited edition of 300 units, features unique serial number and LHSA logo engravings, and is delivered with a brass lens cap and hood.
The lens pairs the classic normal focal length with an optically refined, apochromatic design. Using anomalous partial dispersion and high refractive index glasses in its design, this lens is capable of focusing red, green, and blue wavelengths at the same plane in order to virtually eliminate chromatic aberrations. One aspherical element is also featured in the design, to reduce spherical aberrations, and a floating element maintains clarity and sharpness throughout the focusing range from 2.3' to infinity. This compact 50mm lens is also distinguished by its compact form factor, making it ideal for use as an everyday lens.
- This special "LHSA" Edition of the APO-Summicron-M 50mm f/2 ASPH. lens has been designed to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the International Leica Society. The lens, which has a black paint finish and is limited to 300 units, has the unique special edition serial number engraved on the aperture ring, the LHSA logo with inlay engraved on the bayonet ring, a feet scale engraved in red, and is delivered with a special edition brass lens hood and lens cap.
- Apochromatic design employs three elements made from anomalous partial color dispersion glass, as well as two high refractive index elements, in order to suppress chromatic aberrations throughout the aperture range for increased color accuracy and clarity.
- One aspherical element reduces spherical aberrations for improved sharpness from edge to edge.
- A floating element is used to maintain clarity and sharpness throughout the focusing range, from 2.3' to infinity.
- In addition to the apochromatic designation, this lens also pairs a Gaussian type optical construction in front of the aperture along with a design resembling the Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 behind the aperture, in order to significantly reduce distortion while also increasing overall sharpness and consistent illumination.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field.
- Compact overall design is ideal for use in everyday shooting situations.
- Manual focus design provides a minimum focusing distance of 2.3' with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:11.3.
- The front of the lens is threaded to accept 39mm screw-in filters.
- Leica M-Mount Lens
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/16
- Apochromatic Design
- One Aspherical Element
- Floating Elements System
- Manual Focus Design
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 2.3'
- Serial Number Engraved on Aperture Ring
- LHSA Logo Engraved on Bayonet Mount
- Limited Edition of 300
Leica APO-Summicron-M 50mm f/2 ASPH. Lens LHSA Special Edition
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
- 1 Year Australian Warranty
- 100% Australian Stock
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Leica Boutique Camera Electronic users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.