Providing a classic normal-length field of view along with an impressive optical design, the Leica APO-Summicron-SL 50mm f/2 ASPH. Lens is a bright prime lens designed for full-frame L-mount mirrorless cameras. The f/2 maximum aperture balances speed with overall weight and size, resulting in a portable form factor that can excel in available light conditions. Three aspherical elements are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion for high sharpness, and the lens also features an apochromatic optical design, which employs anomalous partial dispersion glass to suppress color fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and color accuracy. Multi-layer coatings also help to limit flare and ghosting for increased contrast when working in strong lighting conditions. Complementing the optics is a Dual Syncro Drive stepping motor, which delivers fast and quiet autofocus performance to suit both stills and video applications. Additionally, an AquaDura coating has been applied to the exposed elements and seals have been incorporated in the lens design to benefit working in harsh environmental conditions.
- Normal-length 50mm f/2 lens is designed for full-frame Leica L-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field for working with selective focusing techniques.
- Three aspherical elements are used to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Apochromatic design employs anomalous partial dispersion glass to suppress chromatic aberrations throughout the aperture range for increased color accuracy and clarity.
- Multi-layer coatings have been applied to individual elements to suppress surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color fidelity.
- Dual Syncro Drive stepping motor delivers quick, precise, and near-silent autofocus performance to suit both photo and video applications. This system also avails full-time manual focus override.
- Water-repellent AquaDura coating has been applied to the front and rear optical surfaces to protect against moisture and other elements.
- Weather-sealed design protects against dust and moisture to benefit working in inclement shooting conditions.
- L-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22
- Three Aspherical Elements
- Multi-Layer and AquaDura Coatings
Leica APO-Summicron-SL 50mm f/2 ASPH. Lens
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Leica Boutique Camera Electronic users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.